Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Warrior Sculpt

I recently discovered this awesome fitness class at the LifeTime Fitness that we belong to called Warrior Sculpt! It's a combination of yoga, pilates, cardio, kickboxing, and weight trainging. AND it's set in a room that's heated to 96 degrees. How awesome is that?! It's really just uplifting and gets me pumped and ready to go for the day. During the school year I had been going with a coworker at 6AM...but now that it's summer I've opted for a slightly later morning class!
Copyright wantfitness.blogspot.com
Namaste YogaI've started going to a heat yoga class as well that is heated to 108 degrees. A little less intense without the waits and cardio, but the heat in itself makes it quite a sweaty work out. Before finding these two classes I was kind of in an exercise slump for a while after the wedding. You know the drill: elliptical, exercise bike, maybe a couple reps with weights. Boring. After finding these two classes that I love so much, I was reminded how important it is to ENJOY your exercise! Now this doesn't mean the same thing for everyone, but if you don't enjoy what you're doing, eventually you're not going to do it anymore. It's kind of the same reason I don't believe in diets. If the way you're eating is making you feel like you are depriving yourself, you're never going to stick to it. You have to make a lifestyle change. I love pizza, Mexican, and all Asian varieties of food, so even though they're not the healthiest choices, there's no way I would ever realistically be able to cut them out. It's all about moderation both in how often you eat these types of foods and how much you eat of them when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment